8.09.2010

Android Tablet Out In Brooklyn

I was with a friend today and he wanted to go into the local computer store and get a computer configuration priced and built.  I am looking inside the glass counter and I see what looks like a widescreen smaller iPad knockoff with an Android graphic on the box! It was called the iRobot.  The helper salesperson took it out and powered it on for me. I got to play around with it for a bit and was asking questions but the kid didn’t know all that much about it. From what I was able to see, it was running Android 1.6.  The touch screen wasn’t as responsive as I thought it would be. The graphic were decent though and I saw icons for the Market and Gmail as well as a few other expected apps. I know people are aware this tablet exists but I found it pretty exciting to see one out in a store! There were selling for about 160 bucks and they had only 2 in stock. I just bought myself an iPad otherwise I would have snagged this non froyo boy.

irobot01irobot02

No comments:

Post a Comment